Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Lord is our Helper

In the course of this one week, I have spoken to a cumulative total of 170 parents and teachers through the parents' cyber wellness workshop conducted in schools.

Honestly, I never imagined myself having the courage and boldness to stand in front of parents and teachers to speak to them. Somehow I feel inadequate both in terms of parenting and teaching experience. And I was also afraid that I might stutter or stammer. However, no problem for me speaking to youths in school, somehow I just have better confidence engaging them.

As I stepped up to take on these parents' workshop, it was totally the end of me and total reliance and dependence on the Holy Spirit. All I told the Lord was, "God, here I am! Use me as you will!"

As I read Psalm 54 today, the scripture that struck me was really this verse:

"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." - Psalm 54:4

I got really wonderful verbal feedback from the parents and teachers whom sat through the workshops, and it was really an affirmation for me. I do feel good about it, considering the butterfly-in-the-stomach before each workshops and the cold sweats that I have.

At the end of the day, I take a step back... only to recognize that it is not me who is able to speak with such confidence. It was GOD!!

As you go through challenging times, have you paused to give thanks to God? Or have you been so caught up in the blessing and forgot about God?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. Steady la pa.. you can be the next Dong Fang Billy :D Dong Fang Jay Jay.. kill the hearts of all teachers and parents.. :D

wahahaha.. When the Cell Leader responds and recieve empowerment from the Lord!! The Cell group will too!!! ROAR!!!!!