Thursday, February 21, 2008

Delight in Discipline

Just before Chinese New Year, I began on a simple regiment in my daily lifestyle:

1. I stopped drinking sweet drinks (because every can has estimated 7 teaspoon of sugar!)
2. I refrain from eating too much carbo-loaded food i.e. rice and noodle, because I find myself really sleepy during the day especially after lunch.
3. I will not drink more than a cup of tea a day


Trust me. It was never easy to stick and abide to these espacially during the CNY period when we go house visitings and when my house is stacked with so many goodies! It really took alot of discipline and self control. But three weeks into this regiment, I am beginning to see the positive outcome:

1. I feel so much more refreshed daily now after cutting away on the sweet drinks and cutting down on carbo. I don't feel sleepy during working hours now and able to be more efficient in my work!
2. I had this strange conclusion (together with my mum's advice) that my stiff shoulders and neck strain was because of too much tea a day. By cutting down on that, I don't feel that much strain nowadays, except on days when I carry very heavy loads!

Why am I sharing all these with you?

Always remember that in our walk with the Lord, we must learn to delight ourselves in the discipline. It is never easy during the "discipline" phase, but trust me, you will enjoy the blessings that comes out of it.

In this season as we enter the 40 days prayer and fasting, it takes a lot of discipline to fast from TV and computer games. But trust me, I am certain that all of you if you dilligently stick to it, you will come out of the 40 days really different - a radiant glow with the Lord.

Learn to find delight in this season of discipline. Your walk with God will never be the same after these 40 days! :)

0 comments: