Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fighting harder in the YOS


"Sabbath is NOT the absence of sin, challenges and worries of life. Sabbath is about finding that rest in the midst of all these things." - Apostle Lawrence Khong (paraphrased)

As we enter into the YOS, there are many mindsets that we need to change and paradigms that we need to shift in regards to understanding about the Sabbath. And what Pastor Khong shared with us really caught my attention.

I find that personally for myself this year, the battle against sin, temptations and worldly values seem to become fiercer. Till a point I came to question myself, "Have I become more sinful? Why is it then that I am battling seemingly harder than last year?"

During my QT these days, the Lord just reminded me that actually it is not that the battle has become harder, but rather in this YOS as I intentionally slow down to rest in the Lord, I become more conscious about the struggles around.

For example, when life is in a rush, we tend not to bother too much if there is a small stain on our clothe. We probably think that no one would notice. But when pace of life slow down and we have more time, we tend to take more notice of the stain and want to make every effort to eradicate it.

Similarly, the sins and strugles were always there. But in this YOS, as we journey closer to the Lord, these things will come to light and be surfaced.... not to shame us, but so rather we can deal with it head on with the Lord.

As we battle daily against these struggles, we can think of all the best strategies and tactics ever available. But there are two key important truths that we must understand:

1. There must be a personal decision to want to change - DO NOT be doubleminded!

2. There must be complete reliance and dependance on God and His word - Without Him, we can do nothing!

Having the end in mind, why do we fight so hard for?

Go think about it...

1 comments:

Chong said...

Steady la bro.. that's something God has been speaking to me.. wah! your words just pin point to what i have been wondering about this 2 weeks.. Thank God.. Thank u..