Monday, February 9, 2009

Where is your CROWN?

Even as Ps Khong shared about the what it means to put on the crown (let's have a quick recap):
  1. Destined to Reflect God (Character)

  2. Destined to Reign with God (Control)

  3. Destined to Revel in His Glory (Celebration)

I am sure we are really excited to claim these blessing which God wants to bless us with.

BUT... let's take a step back and ask ourselves this question today.. "Where is our CROWN in the first place?" To put on the crown, we first need to locate our crown! Because in the everyday living, many of us may have misplace, lost or thrown away our crown!

Have we:

  1. Misplaced our Crown? - Haven't been having quality Quiet Time with the Lord, no passion in prayer or feeling dry always in our spiritual walk.

  2. Lost our Crown? - Always falling into the vicious cycle of sin.

  3. Thrown away our Crown? - Giving up hope and living a defeated life. Lost the fighting spirit to believe God for breakthroughs in our lives.

May I encourage you with the Word of God today:

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. - James 1:12

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life. - Revelations 2:10

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. - 1 Corinthians 9:25-26

So where is your CROWN today?

Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:21

God has already given us the crown of life, which is the Kingdom of God that lives within us. We just need to make a deliberate choice everyday when we wake up to wear it.

Would you repeat this prayer together with me today wherever you are:

"Dear God! Today I declare and believe with all my heart that the Kingdom of God lives within me! I choice to put away all the previous crowns of bitterness, anger, fear, defeatedness...etc. And today I choose intentionally to put on the crown of righteousness because I am a Child of God. A victor and an overcomer in Christ! Amen!"

EeJay

0 comments: