Monday, February 2, 2009

Do You Drag Your Feet to Work / School?

Last year at work, I remembered I went through a period what I would call "The Trainer's Nightmare". I had started the year passionate about engaging, connecting and reaching out to young people through the work I do. As the workload piled up and things started bottlenecking, I began losing joy in the work that I do.

All i could remember about training then were (1) Scolding students; (2) Handling spoilt brats; (3) Can't wait for lesson to end.

Honestly, I really saw the students just like landscape scenery (like what Ps Melvyn shared yesterday)... sometimes even worst than that! There wasn't any joy in doing what I used to so passionately believed in. Work was like toil and the students were just like thorns in my flesh!

And then the Lord just spoke to me during one of my Quiet Time on this scripture:

Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you're serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. Being a follower of Jesus doesn't cover up bad work. - Colossians 3:22-25 (The Message)

That totally changed the way I thought about work and I began to open my eyes to see the need for Jesus in everyone of the students I taught onwards. When I renewed my mind with the Word of God, my attitude started to change and I began smiling more and was definitely more cheerful in my trainings with more convictions. i was back with Passion!

How about you today?

  • Are you toiling in the work / studies that you do?

  • Do you spend more time comparing, complaining and sulking at what things should have been?

  • Do you find no joy in the work / studies that you do daily?


  • Open your heart and mind to be renewed by the Word of God daily. Once you know that everything you do is not for yourself first, but the Lord... then you will give your best and all with a joyful heart. =D

    0 comments: