Monday, February 16, 2009

Gear Up for G12 Conference 2009!!

This was the reflection which I wrote after the G12 Conference in 2007. Even as I read it today, and excitement and anticipation builds in my heart, eagerly awaiting what God will reveal to us at this year's G12 Conference 2009.

May this reflection bless your heart as well. Amidst of our busy or packed schedules of life, let's be praying for this conference, the speakers, the delegates and more importantly, for our hearts to be open to what God will speak to us. =D

Reflection on International G12 Conference 2007

“The Vision puts us to the test.” This statement by Pastor Cesar on the first night of the conference jolted my mind. With this being the sixth G12 conference that I have attended since FCBC embraced the G12 Vision, I could identify with this statement that Pastor Cesar put across. Since the start of year 2007, it has been disappointing and heartbreaking seeing many lives around me walking away from the Lord for various reasons. Youths whom I thought had displayed great potential to be leaders, fellow siblings in Christ whom had encouraged me along in this journey and even leaders whom I look up to. Within a span of 3 months, I began hearing news of them choosing to walk out on God, the church and the spiritual family. It was with this burden that I went to this year’s G12 conference with, and God showed me the answer through this statement which Pastor Cesar made. Indeed, the Vision truly puts us to the test, a test where I recognize that apart from relying on God, I can do nothing. God revealed to me the need to come back to the closet of prayer once again, and reigniting the urgency and desperation of persistent prayer of faith which will move the hand of God. It was time to put aside the focus on structure, techniques and strategies, but come back to deliberate and intentional quality time in engaging the Holy Spirit in prayer.

Sons and slaves. This was another matter which I heard repeatedly through the conference from both Pastor Cesar and Pastor Khong, both of whom had gone through the heartaches of losing spiritual sons within the past few months. I felt convicted that I do not want to be a slave whom is self centered and constantly taking from the spiritual father. But I want to be a true spiritual son, who submits and be a blessing to my spiritual father. Just as what Pastor Cesar shared, the Christian walk is about continuously giving to the Lord. The more we try to wrestle with our rights and what we should receive, the more we will struggle and is unable to be a genuine blessing to our spiritual fathers. Just as the parable of the true vine in John 15, only when we remain in the vine (in Him), will we receive the full blessings of God. Similarly, when there is alignment with our spiritual leaders, the blessings of God will flow.

Last but not least, one tremendous inspiration through this conference was to see Daniel and Priscilla taking to the pulpit in sharing. Both of them represent the Joshua generation (youth generation) who dares to go forth in boldness and courage. In Daniel and Priscilla, they have set the example for us youths to follow along in daring to step out in faith to proclaim the Good News to the multitudes.

I thank God for this highly-Faith-charged G12 conference as it just gets better every year. I am inspired in faith to find my twelve, setting the example for my disciples and helping them to find their twelve too. I don’t want to just talk the walk, I want to walk the talk. I will be signing up for the 100,000 challenge!

1 comments:

Chong said...

amen bro!

i will help to build your 12! committed to your success! =D

i like what you said.. be a blessing and not always taking from the spiritual father..

that's one thing i captured from you all this while..

God shall give you your 12!