Thursday, March 13, 2008

When everything seemingly goes wrong....

Finally, after 4 peaceful months of using my DELL laptop running on Windows Vista, the inevitable happened..... it CRASHED!!! All because of a simple Windows regular update that I installed, and after that my OS never resurrected!

What happened next was more frustrated. For the next 4 hours, I was calling and getting technical assistance over the phone from DELL. In between, I travelled from office to home, home to collect work stuff, then to Funan and then back to office.

At the end of the 4 frustrating hours, the conclusion was that I had to reinstall my Windows Vista OS. Which also means that I have to reinstall all my drivers and software applications, reconfigure my office email account...and many more things to do. Just as I am typing this blog, I am downloading and installing Adobe Reader.

Seemingly a very eventful and yet frustrating day. Everything that would possibly go wrong, really went wrong! I was caught in the rain while travelling around and the cab corporate charging system was malfunctioning... Grr.... It was seemingly a lousy day.

BUT... God just reminded me again of what is written in Psalms 73 today:

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. - Psalm 73:26

That really encouraged my heart alot. Everything around has the potential to falter and fail, but at the end of the day, God will never fail me. Whatever grivience or injustice I face, I can always come back to Him and take heart in Him.

Some things that I learn today:

1. When everything fails and you are upset, choose to praise God first and not grumble!
2. Reinstalling my OS also reminds us about our walk with God. We need to come back to Him for some housecleaning. Do away with all the nonsense applications!
3. Just like the small little update file that caused my laptop to crash, it is the same way with sin. Just a little bit and the effects are disastrous and long term. So from now on, I will not download any window updates anymore! Be ruthless with sin!

1 comments:

Chong said...

wah bro! so suay ah.. up up in your spirit you go with the meditation of God's unfailing words.. not easy day for you wor.. like wat i said in the morning.. let me wei ni Jiayou Jiayou! =)