Thursday, March 13, 2008

Encounter camp

Hey bros and dad, Sorry this came late. Encounter camp was good and I really enjoyed myself there.
It's my first time going for the camp as a guide, it's fun but it's not easy, as I have lots of responsibilities and things to do, plus the fact that my back is still aching since donkey months ago.
Though out the camp, I have to remind and force myself to be always in a prayerful mode. Praying for the '4 jokers' I'm taking care of (joking la) and for the Holy Spirit to partner me when I minister.
Take back points:

One thing that I learn is that We all should just trust God and move. Take a Step of Faith. Many times I don't really know what to say, what to do, as I minister, But I just tell God, "I Don't know la! You know! So just move Lord!!" And i just pray and do whatever I sense the Lord told me, and God really moves.

Another take back point is that God uses people who are available for Him to use and not just the talented and experiences people. It's my first time as a guide, I'm one of the youngest guide around. Many a times, when the campers see my tag they will say "Give back to your guide leh." All the other guides seems more experience and initially I few very 'small' and insignificant. But God spoke to me through SMSes and promptings. Most of the smses i received will have the phrase 'God is with you' in it, and it led me to this scripture:

Judges 6:12 When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said "The LORD is with you, mighty warrior."

So I keep telling myself IMMA MIGHTY WARRIOR!!! ROAR!!!

So brothers, Let's always avail ourselves to the Lord, so that we will all move from the ordinary to the extra-ordinary. From the impossible to the possible!!! WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS!!! ROAR!!!!

Here are some pictures:
Jonathan: He's very very shy in the beginning, blur like sotong also. haha.. But managed to make him very open by using all sorts of underhand tactics. He came up to me wobbly during the Holy spirit session after i prayed for him, telling me that He cannot walked straight, Only to be slained by Pastor again while he's sitting on the chair. We've concluded, He's easily drunk. By the Holy Spirit of course.

Kong Wai - He's a very bright boy. Love to slouch during sessions especially on my leg and I have to always push him back to a 'sit up straight' position.

Look guys, it's Oswin. Always sms-ing (GRRRR)

It's very tough work you know..

(BTW, no picture of Tian Ci, He always siam the cam)

0 comments: