Monday, May 26, 2008

What is your BOTTOM LINE?

Definition of Bottom Line (from http://www.dictionary.com/):
1. The final result or statement.
2. The main or essential point.
3. The decisive point.

Everyone of us function with a bottom line in life. Whether is it towards people or matters of life. It has got something to do with how we are wired up in our minds towards a particular subject incident.

For example:

1. Even though all my friends smoke, play truant and copy during examinations, the bottom line is that I will never be like them.

2. The truth is that life really sucks. But the bottom line is that I will never eat worms nor give up!

3. Despite all the rumours flying around now saying that Peter is a gossip monger, the bottom line is that I still trust him.



In our walk with God, what is our Bottom Line?

In the first hit wave of crisis, do we immediately shatter and start doubting God and His Presence in our lives? Do we give up, turn faithless and doubtful easily whenever things don't go the way we expected it to? Do we not trust that God can turn things around for us?

Down to the fundamental... Do you really believe and trust in God?

Sons, I want to challenge, encourage and make a plead to us that we set our hearts and predetermination before the Lord. That the level of our bottom line with God will be one that never doubt Him regardless of what circumstances come our way.

Then truly we can sing with all our hearts:

I give You praise for You deserve it
I give You praise for what You’ve done
I give You praise for You are able
I give You praise till I overcome

I give You praise when the sun is rising
I give You praise in the dark of then night
I give You praise when the battle rages
I give You praise till it works out right

Shout of the King is among us
God lives here in our praises
Shout of the King is among us
Praise Him, praise Him
Praise Him in everything

1 comments:

Chong said...

thanks bro! your question of bottomline has sunk deep in my mind for the pass 2 days.. i realised that although there are many breakthroughs in my life but somehow somethings and struggles in me still always got stuck at the final stage where i can see what God wants to changed in me.. i really questioned myself hard and want to challenge myself to deepen my bottomline further deep deep to be acceptable for God.. i believe there are still worldly desires in me that's hindering God's moulding process in me..

i really thank God for a person like you in my life.. i really wished God can empower me in His will to assist great men of faith like you, Ps and many brothers around me.. May God cont to humble my heart and do His amazing work in me..

Thanks Bro! really appreciate you! =)