Tuesday, July 1, 2008

VICTORY is already WON! We just need to RECOGNISE our IDENTITY!

During last week's cell, Ej never failed to punch in some true simple facts. This is my take back. It goes something like this:

"We receive Christ by faith! And once we received Christ, victory is already won! But there are many situations that often make us wallow in defeat, make us feel like losers and eat worms. So how do we link up or see ourselves that victory is already won once we receive Christ? We need to recognise our identity that we're the sons of God! If God is King, we're the princes!"

i was quite taken up with this point due to spiritual battlefield i fought for the past few days over the area of lust, ministry and self expectations. For the next few days, i kept on telling myself that i must really receive this sonship from God into my life. i must know that i really don't have to do anything which may put me into a slavery mode. For Jesus truly loves me, God's grace is sufficient for me and victory has already been won!

Just after 2 days, God hit me once again to affirm me through Ps Melvyn's sermon on Sunday service. He said in his 3rd point sermon that when we stepped into light, it reflects our positions from slave to son. This is my take back:

"There are people who often goes in and out the defeat zone and victory zone. They can switch between slaves in sin and sons with God in quick moments. They often keep struggling and falling back into sins. This is because they are in confusion and do not recognise their identity in Christ."

i am really thankful for God always has been kind and gracious to speak to me clearly everytime when i needed Him. For He really loves me as His son. Through any trials in life, i must really stand firm and know in my heart that the victory is already won because i am a son of God. If my God is for me, then who shall be against me! i walk by faith!

My prayer:
If anyone of us is discouraged with your walk with God, Jesus please take away any unwilling spirit in us that hinders us to do things that please You. Recognise you're a son of God!! Input that pure joy in us from You Lord. If anyone is still struggling, i pray that Lord will let you see that He has planted you in a spiritual family who is really all here to help one another to walk strong in this race with God.

Don't be too upset and disappointed. We must fight in a position of VICTORY! We're the sons of God! Bless you with..

John 8:29
"The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases Him."

Thank You Lord! We're never alone!

Alvin =)

0 comments: