Sunday, October 4, 2009

Daily Devotion: John 21

20Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") 21When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?" 22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

Our decision to follow Jesus must solely come from our own initiative and decision. It must not be banked on others nor their decisions. In a sense, Jesus was telling Peter to M.Y.O.B - Mind Your Own Business. Whether others decide to follow or not, it should not matter to us. What matters is "What About Us?"

Application:

1. Stop standing at the by-line today and always following others' faith. Make a personal decision today to follow Jesus.

2. Make this prayer to the Lord today. Tell the Lord, "Lord, I will follow you with all my heart. No turning back Lord. When the going gets tough, help me to deny myself and focus on you. In Jesus name I ask and pray. Amen."

1 comments:

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^